The Lost Legendz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Number 1 Clan Of Runescape

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pk Till 0Hp's Farming Guide!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pk till 0hp
Site Owner
Site Owner
pk till 0hp

Aantal berichten : 89
Punten : 129
Reputatie : 1
Registratiedatum : 2010-05-07
Leeftijd : 30

Pk Till 0Hp's Farming Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Pk Till 0Hp's Farming Guide!   Pk Till 0Hp's Farming Guide! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:44 pm

Work in progress

Farming has long been a skill neglected by many players. Who knows why this is? Are people too lazy to get the initial levels that are required? Or are they afraid of making a tremendous profit that will accumulate greatly over time and has earned me 30m in the last 2 months for 5 minutes of work every hour and a half.

* Please note that for the patches with a star next to them, a quests is required to access them.

Getting the Required Farming Level

Step 1. Getting to 32 Farming for ranarrs or 38 Farming for toadflax.

Well, I can't really explain to you how to do it the slow way. I ended up with 9 Farming (1000) exp from getting mithril gloves. I then got 9-30 Farming using bagged plants. You can buy these from the gardener in Falador Park.

Math: From 9-30 Farming is 12,363 exp. Now you can wait weeks and get it the old traditional way by planting and shit or you can do it my way which requires a house, and a garden.
a. Buy 399 Bagged dead trees from the Gardener in Falador Park they cost 1k Each so 399k for 9-30 Farming in an hour is worth it.

b. Buy 50 watering cans from any farming store, fill them up, and bank them.

c. Buy 20 House teleport tabs and equip a ring of duelling.

d. Have your house teleports in the upper left corner of you inven and withdraw 3 watering cans (Cool. Then fill the rest of the space with your bagged dead tree.

e. Teleport to your house and go to the tree hot spots in your garden. Right click Build Hotspot and make a dead tree which is in the top corner. Once you have built it right click the hotspot again and remove it.

d. Repeat this until you have used all the bagged plants in your inventory. Then bank and do this until all 399 bagged plants are used up. Getting 9-30 farming will take about 17 extremely boring trips but will be worth it.

Step 2. 30-32/38/+ farming.
For 30-40 Farming I did the quest one small favour which gives you 2 10k exp lamps to use on a skill above 30. So yeah just do that, warning though the quest is probably my least favorite quest and extremely long. Here's a guide.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?rs2quest_id=90

Step 3. Planting the herb seeds to make an amazing profit.
Pre-Farming
a. Buy 100 super composts from the GE for around 500 gp each (these will guarantee you a 5 herb yield per seed so you are guaranteed a profit unless your herbs die. Also buy some plant cures from any farmer just incase your herb patches get diseased. We don't want to lose any extra money do we tongue.gif

b. Buy a spade, a seed dibber, and a rake from any farming store and then go to a farming patch. Right click a tool leprechaun, press exchange, and give them the spade, seed dibber, rake and all your compost. (P.S. the compost will take an extra trip just go to the bank withdraw all and give it to the leprechaun.
Pk Till 0Hp's Farming Guide! Afesgz10
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Farming
a. Bank all your stuff and equip an air staff, boots of lightness ( to reduce weight, spottier cape (to reduce weight), glory, and ring of duelling.
Pk Till 0Hp's Farming Guide! Chars10
b. Withdraw 10 fire runes, 15 law runes, 10 water runes, and 10 earth runes for the various teles. There are 5 herb patches in Runescape but to get two of them you have to have for the first one access to Canafis (Priest in Peril), and you must have done My Arm's Big Adventure for access to the trollheim patch that never gets diseased!!!!

*c. First teleport to the ectofuncus with your ectophial and run west to the farming patch. Get your rake, your spade, 1 supercompost and your seed dibber from the tool leprechaun.

Go to the herb patch and rake it then drop the weeds. Next, use the supercompost on the patch and then plant a seed in the patch.

d. Next use your glory (or house teleport and use the glory in your house) to draynor. Run to the Draynor Village patch.

Do the same thing, rake it, supercompost it and plant your herb.

e. Next, teleport to ardougne and run to it's patch north of the tele spot.

f. Next teleport to camelot and run southeast to the catherby farming patch

*g. Lastly, teleport to trollheim if you've done edgar's ruse (I highly recommend to do this saves too much time). Run down the mountain westward enter the stronghold. Go south. Through the door to the west, north to the ladders and climb them. Then north to the patch.

Now is the waiting time. Herbs take 75 minutes to grow give or take 5 minutes. So go do whatever you want and when you are ready to pick your herbs follow the following steps. (Keep in mind herbs never die once they are grown successfully so you could theoretically leave them their forever.

a. Once again, get the inven and equip the things stated above. (Bear head and zammy book not required I just like the look of them)

b. Go back to the ectofuncus and pick your herbs. Remember a spade is required for this. If you dont have one your fucked and have to bank to get one then go all the way back. Once your herbs are picked, get a supercompost from the leprechaun, use it on the patch, and plant another seed.

c. Then use your ring of duelling to teleport to the bank and bank your herbs.

d. Go back to the other patches and do the same

Note: If a herb patch is diseased, use a plant cure on it immediately so it will be cured. This can kind of mess up your herb cycle though in terms of time.

Calculations
What herb should you use for maximum profit?

On average you get 7 herbs from a patch

Ranarrs
Ranarr seeds cost 29.4k each atm.
Ranarr weeds cost 7.8k each atm.

So 7.8k (price of a grimy ranarr) X 7 (average yield per crops) = 54.6k

54.6k (price of all the grimy ranarrs you got per herb) - 29.4k (price of initial ranarr seed) = 25,200

So 25,200 made per ranarr seed planted on average X 5 (amount of herb patches you can have max) = 126k.

126k profit from 5 minutes of work. Not bad eh?? The only bad thing about ranarrs is that if they die, you lose 29.4k.

Toadflax
Toadflax seeds cost 1.1k each atm.
Toadflax weeds cost 2.4k each atm.

So 2.4k (price of a grimy toadflax) X 7 (average yield per crops) = 16.8k

16.8k (price of all the grimy toadflax you got per herb) - 1.1k (price of initial toadflaxx seed) = 15.7k

So 15,700 made per toadflax seed planted on average X 5 (amount of herb patches you can have max) = 78.5k

This is also a good option you make 78.5k from 5 minutes of work. Also, if your seed dies you only lose 1.1k which is small compared to the profit you make so choose either option you want.

You can also experiment with different herbs to see which ones yield the best profit since prices are fluctuating constantly.

Tips:
- Use an amulet of nature on the first patch you plant a herb in, then when that patch is ready, the amulet of nature will tell you, this way you always know when your herbs are ready

- You can also use a combat bracelet to teleport to legends guild, this is closer to the ardougne patch, this will increase the speed of ranarr farming.
(Thanks to namename from tip.it/runescape forums.)

To get an amulet of nature you have to buy a non enchanted one from the ge then use the level 2 enchantment spell (one that enchants emeralds) on it. The ammy can also tell if a herb patch is diseased so you can get to it in time to use a plant cure on it and cure it so you don't lose money.

Closing
Hopefully you now see how much of a profit farming can yield. It does not take long, it's fairly cheap, and most of all it's efficient. Every day I rack in a free 500k from this in between whatever tasks I am doing. Hopefully more pures learn about farming because it can be a very valuable source of income.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://l0stlegendz.forumotion.com
|Nearly Godz

|Nearly Godz

Aantal berichten : 96
Punten : 102
Reputatie : 0
Registratiedatum : 2010-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Pk Till 0Hp's Farming Guide!   Pk Till 0Hp's Farming Guide! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Looks good i read it once i get time gtg now Mad
Back to top Go down
I het3 I

Aantal berichten : 53
Punten : 59
Reputatie : 0
Registratiedatum : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Pk Till 0Hp's Farming Guide!   Pk Till 0Hp's Farming Guide! EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:12 am

Good guide but I don't gonna train it it's too boring geek
Back to top Go down
Boris

Aantal berichten : 206
Punten : 269
Reputatie : 1
Registratiedatum : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Pk Till 0Hp's Farming Guide!   Pk Till 0Hp's Farming Guide! EmptySun May 16, 2010 6:47 am

Nice guide keep up the good work cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pk Till 0Hp's Farming Guide!   Pk Till 0Hp's Farming Guide! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pk Till 0Hp's Farming Guide!
Page 1 of 1